Cardboard (and paper) is one of the easiest things to recycle. When recycled properly your paper and cardboard waste is turned into new paper and cardboard products such as packaging, industrial paper, tissues, newspapers, insulation, kitty litter and moulded cartons for eggs and fruit. But it can be confusing.
Pizza boxes? What if there’s a lot of grease on them? And glossy takeaway cardboard containers? We’re glad you asked…
What cango in your paper recycling bin?
The following fibre items are acceptable:
- Cardboard boxes
- Egg cartons
- Pizza boxes (with food scraps removed)
- Packaging (glossy or matte)
What can’tgo in your paper recycling bin?
The following fibre items aren’t acceptable:
- Waxed cardboard (generally packaging for bulk fruit and vegetables)
- Coffee cups
- Heavily greased or dirty takeaway containers
- Any cardboard that has been lined with plastic, foil or polystyrene
Other recycling services
Soft plastic recycling (LDPE)
Waste management doesn’t have to be a burden to your business.
Create real transformation with a Wanless refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle waste management planCONTACT US TODAY
Stay up to date with our latest news and events